Monday, January 06, 2003

Wehn it snows....its a blizzard (when it rains it pours)...

The mechanic called and stated that the axles on the rear of the car need to be replaced as well. Another $240 added to the bill. Woo hoo...
So...now here is hoping I can get my tax return in a quick amount of time, maybe I can get it direct deposited! *sigh* I'm so tired of worrying
about money. I've been so stressed about everything these past fwe weeks.

On a good note, my son and I had a revealing chat Friday night after his basketball game. I had rented a van to go to Milwaukee for a technical
conference my business conducted with all the 'tech' people and I was invited to tag along. The van didn't need to be back until Saturday morning
so I made the best of the use and we went grocery shopping. In the parking lot of the store, we sat and chatted about school, grades, his loss of friends
and how he was adjusting to it all. At first he told me he was miserable, because he didn't have his best friends to hang out with. I emphasized with him,
but showed him what he had accomplished in his short time already here. Basketball, his grades had improved (so I'm told) and he the people
he had met. It takes a little time to develop relationships I told him. He had to be accessable instead of waiting for them to come to him.

After practice on Sunday I asked how things were going and he admitted things were better. I hope he can see that his hard work is paying off. He
needs a job though, but being only 15 (a month or so away from 16) it might be difficult until then. I feel inadequate as a father right now because of
my woes, but I try and shield it from him. Not having a car for a while hurts that, but in all other aspects I try my best so he doesn't have to worry
about these things.

And yet through it all, I have to push through and write...

me

No comments: