Thursday, January 30, 2003

I scorned my mistress last night. The green glow of her eyes beckoned me to her face, but I ignored her in my exhausted state. I often wondered as I tossed and turned during the night if her silence marked a sign of her anger towards me. I knew I should pay attention to her, but I didn't tumble into bed until very late and I had to wake up early for the gym. When I did look in her direction, her eyes stared at me wondering when I would come to my senses and forget the foolish notion of sleep. Without ever saying a word she confronted my desire to do something with her and I ignored her. When I woke up this morning I felt terrible, but I didn't have time to express my concerns to her and hurried off to work. Now the day is half over and I know she will be there when I get home, but will I respond to the soft whirl of her voice? Am I tempted to place another thousand pieces of the puzzle on her mind to save for me? I think so, but I am already weary from the lack of sleep. I want to give her my full attention, but am I only making excuses not to be with her? Will she understand?

Maybe the question isn't if she will understand, but how will I feel? Should I let my mistress lay next to me night after night without telling her how much I desire the consquences of our actions together? I am only a writer if I write. Talking about such a romantic vision does nothing on getting it accomplished. I need to force time into my schedule so I can be with her and then I know I'm developing a great relationship between me and my mistress. And as the inanimate object lays there I know i can hear it whisper to me, because she is the only comfort I can get for myself.

me

No comments: