Friday, January 10, 2003

Do I ever proofread my posts here? Does it matter, but it seems like everytime i go to start a new post I see my previous posts with typos in it. And I cringe. Should I be bothered with going through and reading what I have written? I ee this as a journal, a rambling of my brain and sometimes I get going so fast I don't even take a moment to breath let alone get my thoughts and spelling in order. But I'm supposed to be a writer, these things like grammar are supposed to be important. I dunno. I'd spend so much time getting myself worked up on something that in all fairness doesn't mean squat to anyone. In the grand scheme of things, I'm not even up for honorable mention. heh.

Now for something completely different. My little poem yesterday got third place in the weeks best poetry on the board. I shuddered with glee and then realized I better not shudder because it might lead some to believe I'm have a nervous breakdown so I ran around the office butt-naked cheering myself on. The little things in life are what make you happy so you have to stick to them even when you're not in the mood.

I was a good boy last night and wrote some more on my book. It is strange, everytime I think I get to a point of no return, I think of something to carry the story on. I hope I'm not dragging the initial scene out too long, but I think there are some good things going on. At least I'm interested. I once read that if as a writer you aer not surprised then your reader won't. So what I write must be something that I expect. It isn't in trapping the reader, but making the characters do things that I expect them to do as well.

me

No comments: