Tuesday, January 07, 2003

I love going to blogger.com and opening up peoples blogs just so I can click on the links they have on their pages. I have found some neat time wasting sites while jumping around blogs. Funny thing is that I don't end up reading many of the blogs. There was one of a columnist in SF that I read, but I forgot to bookmark it and now it has vanished into the supernova of the Internet. I guess I shouldn't be doing it at work, but sometimes work is so mindless that I need a jump out into space. And while I'm ranting a little about my job, I WANT A STUPID WINDOW in my office. Okay, maybe not a stupid window, but one that shines light in from time to time. That way I'm not palsy white plastic man when Spring comes around, but I don't think a window or two will help that too much. Maybe this year I can actually get some sun without feeling like I'm scaring little children when I take off my shirt. I often think of Fat Bastard when I was at my worst. "Com 'ere. I'm gonna eat you! I want my baby back baby back..."

Woo hoo taxes are done and sent. Next year I'll look to filing them electronically, but it seemed like a pain in the ass with the W-2's so I did them regular.

Now back to writing...

I picked one of the eight ideas I had stewing around on my computer drive. I think it is the most developed idea I have, might be the only one I have thought how the beginning, middle and end of the novel 'might' proceed. I say might, because you never know what those whacky characters of mine will do. They could run off and start their own adventures and forget about me. And I'm all self-conscious about them, like children I have to keep the reins on them, but it is so fun to see them explore life in a way I didn't think was plausable or possible.

I think I have a method of getting this done. I'm writing everything in long hand first so I'm not tempted to edit as I go. Before I write the next night, I'll enter those pages into the computer, this is where I have to be careful and not analyze what I have written. I might clean some things up, but it is straight entry so the first draft is kept untainted my the editor who roams in my head waiting to damn me for everything I create. I tried to force the editor into the coffee pot, but all the caffeine made him jumpy and nervous and since he couldn't sleep, well guess who he needed to keep company. And I hate coffee.

Now a good pot of tea....

me

No comments: