Friday, December 30, 2005

New Years Resolution




Writing...Why does it seem to have a stopping point for me? I think I have a mental breakdown when it comes to finishing a project. Maybe it is my nature to avoid finishing something. Sometimes at work I can't produce until there is a bunch of pressure to get it done and then I work my ass off. When I don't feel pressure I submerge myself with time wasting functions. Why don't I focus on the things that would be more productive to me? There's so much I'd rather do, yet I shove it off to the side so my time is wasted by innane activities that don't get me where I want to go. *sigh*

This next year I'm going to strive to become more productive in my hobbies. (Video game playing is not a hobby!) Of course this means putting more time into my story-telling and other creative pursuits. I'm going to have to make a schedule and stick to it. I'll still leave myself room to indulge in some othe things I enjoy, but I'd rather force myself to enjoy why I came to this planet. I know some people think I came to consume mass quantities of food, air and other renewable resources, but in fact I want to leave something behind rather than my children. You never know how they might turn out. Heh.

Okay then. I'm gonna do it. Who is with me on this? Bah, you guys don't care. As you are reading this I'm standing next to you. (The magic of writing - time travel) I peer over your shoulder (trying hard not to look down your shirt (if you are female) and I whisper in your ear. Yes I am going to do this dammit. I want to do this. And the only person who has been stopping me has been me. So as you shake your head, sigh and then mutter, "Haven't I heard this before?" Well maybe you have, but this time I'm gonna do it.

One day, I'm going to be on Leno talking about my writing projects....I've seen it. And you'll all be saying, remember when blogging was the fad on the 'net? I used to read his....I didn't think he'd make it, but he did....(insert your own followup comments in your head).

Or maybe I'll write for Penthouse Forums....I wonder what they pay these days.....

Have a great New Year's Eve and have a wonderful year. I think I might get a bit drunk tonight... Don't writers make great drunks...or is it great writing requires drinking???

cya laterz

No comments: