Thursday, December 08, 2005

Hell week



Yep that is what it has been. Monday limped in like a lamb, but since I knew I had to travel, this week had its own dangerous curves ahead. It didn't help that I awoke at 3am on Tuesday morning running into the bathroom. By the time the alarm was supposed to sound, I found myself looking at myself in the mirror. Do I call the company and reschedule or suck it up and wade through the day feeling as I do? The face in the mirror only wanted to go back to bed. A small man in his stomach flipped over and over on the trapeze. The glimmer of water in the toliet caught his attention. Maybe if I forced a purge all would be better and the annoying man inside would fly out and leave my stomach alone. Should I shove a finger to the back of my throat? Would I feel better if I did so? The answers to these questions are not blowing in the wind my friend, but surged upwards without any finger probbing to the back of my throat.

With a grunt and a heave, a gush of stale dew and other chunks of partially digested food flew threw my mouth and nose. Not once or twice, but three times as I hung onto the edges of the white bowl that had earlier served as my thrown for almost two hours. Horrible. Now fluid squirted out of both orafices of my body. With nothing else left in my system, I staggered back to the sink and doused my face with clean water. I cleaned myself up, brushed my teeth a few times and considered myself feeling better.

I'll spare more of the gorey details of the next couple of days, but let me say they let me go to the hotel early on Tuesday. It is now Thursday afternoon, I'm back home and I'm still feeling green around the edges. I have wierd pains where I shouldn't and every once in a while I become light headed and don't want to even think of the consquences if it were to continue.

Work is piling up as companies are gearing for the end of the year. November was busy in a non-payment sort of way while December through Feb is looking thrice as busy and I'll be able to invoice people for it as well. The worst time to be sick.

Today I was able to accomplish some things, but in reality I didn't want to be here. For the sake of my sanity, I'm really hoping I feel better so I can be less stressful about the holidays and get ahead with work.

Otherwise...I'm me being me. How about you?

outta here

No comments: