Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Scott Adams:

ID vs ToE
*ding*
Let the argueing begin! You read it. I'll reserve my thoughts so that I don't get flamed! LOL.

I've been trying to finish our latest website project. Almost all of our sites have been done in flash, but this one has a database back end where users can order via Paypal a guitar from his site. And the actionscript has been kicking my butt. Not because it is so difficult, hell I can program about any language in my sleep. The problem is that you need to be aware of the 'movie' while the script is trying to run. Another issue is that expect a function to be included, but then you realize you have to write it yourself. I guess it is all the little nuiances in learning it. We'll have the site done today or tomorrow, then I'm going to 'fix' it since I'm not happy with the response time from the database.

In other news, its all quite on the northern front. It is supposed to snow tonight. *sigh* I'm not looking forward to this winter. It might be my "Winter of discontent." I make it sound like I'm baracaded in my house with a standing army waiting to starve me out. In an earlier post I stated how unhappy I was and I'm not sure if that was the best way to describe it. The words written around the statement are as true as I could make them.

I'm directionally challanged. My business seems to have growth and relapses, but I'm not sure how to handle it any better than I'm doing. Personally I know I'm swimming in a sea of self-doubt. Not that I don't have confidence or the ability to meet a woman that would make me happy, but what should she be like? When you find that perfect one and she moves on without you are you supposed to measure everyone else up to those standards? I doubt it. It wouldn't be fair to those that you meet nor to the woman that once was. So I understand I need to find something new about these women who enter my life and judge them on an individual basis. But are they going to 'get' me? Hell do I get what I'm all about? That's probably my problem I'm more worried about how people will respond to me instead of figuring out what I'm supposed to be focusing on and letting the chips fall where they may.

No comments: