Friday, November 18, 2005

On-line Poker.

Yep. I took the plunge. Wil Wheaton hosts a weekly online poker tournament. The main one is on Friday nights, but I entered into the the Thursday Texas hold 'em warmup action. There were 70 or so people signed up. Its only a $10 buy in so it isn't like I'm selling the family farm to pay my gambling debts.

Anyways, I waited until 9:30 my time and *ding* the action begins. I win 3 hands, but loose a slightly bigger hand. Then about ten minutes later I have an Ace/9 dealt to me. On the flop a Jack, Queen and another card (like a 6 or something) turns up. The bets are small and I stay in. I probably shouldn't have, but with the Ace in my hand I figure someone has to have a pair to beat me and the bet was reasonable enough for me to stay in. On the turn an Ace turns over, the player to my right (Guniess) makes a sizeable bet. With the queen/jack showing I figure I have a pretty good chance of winning or spliting the pot if he has an Ace as well so I call. The rest of the table folds.

On the river, the last of the five over turned cards, another Ace appears. I have three aces now. Guniess is first to bet and makes a large bet. Instead of thinking why he would come out with such a bet, I still figure I have three aces and queen jack. He'd only beat me if he had two aces or ace/king. Before I thought about it, I hit the call button and all of a sudden I'm all in. Damn.

The computer shows me his hand, Ace/Queen he has a full house. It beats my three aces. I finish 63rd out of 70 people. I went with having the most money on the table to out. But it was fun. I also learned quite a bit. I think I'll try playing next week again, but be a bit more cautious with my play. I know I'm an aggressive player, but think a bit before I more.

On a side note, I'm working on revamping my writing site. the www.twizzlesticks.50megs.com site has been up for a long time. I have some neat ideas for it and will announce it here as well as sending an email out to all of those who have previously viewed it. I'll even try to add some new content. Egads! That means I might have to write something....

ciao baby

No comments: