Sunday, February 22, 2004

Lost in Translation and Anything Else are the two most interesting movies I've seen in a long time. When I watched them, something in the back of my mind was shouting, 'What the hell are we watching?' and yet I shut the voice off and finished watching the movies. Both had interesting qualities that made you think and I as I digested the films they endured themselves to my heart. I still hope Return of the King wins best picture, but Lost had its moments. It contained very visual scenes of Tokoyo and Japan.

Anything Else of course was about a writer dealing with a strange relationships. Why is it that writers are protrayed in this way? Not saying I've not been involved in my share, but geez it is like a moth to flame? While I'm not a fan of Woody Allen's work, I only watched it because I enjoy Jason Biggs. I guess to my surprise I did relate to Jason Bigg's character from time to time.

I watched Roxanne this morning. It only confirms the fact that Steve Martin is a genius. I hope one day I get to meet him before either one of us loses our mental facilities.

Yesterday sucked. I can't even describe how bad it sucked. When the words come or more likely brave enough to spew the events out maybe I'll spill the beans. I wandered the town alone last night. Glad I'm not prone to drinking. Ended up at a movie theater, watched Welcome to MoosePort and then went to my sanctuary Barnes and Noble. I'd rather have gone home, but that wasn't a possibility at the moment. I did pick up "Snoopy's Guide to the Writing Life."

Tommy turned 17 Friday. I turn 40 this summer. Time keeps on ticking right along. Guess it is about time I realize there isn't anything I can do about that.

-4241-
me

No comments: