Thursday, October 09, 2003

Jen - Lackey is a good writer. A series I really enjoyed is the L. Hamitton Anita Blake vampire hunter series. I read them all, there are some things I would have done differently, but they are a good sexy series. I'm sure she has given you more suggestions and might have a better pulse on your reading appetite then I do.

One thing I wish to mention about yesterday's post before I continue is about the Barnes and Noble here in Appleton. This might seem strange, but it has the best public restroom I've ever been in. There werre no attendants or anything snazzy like that, but it smelled great. A strong scent of rosemary and bathroom was in perfect order almost too clean. I appriciated it very much. Strange I know, but most men's bathrooms stink like urine, rusty door metal doors on the stalls and a small water leak dripping from one or more urinals. It felt like going to the bathroom at home.


In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

Love I get so lost , sometimes
days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
when I want to run away
I drive off in my car
but whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are
All my instincts , they return
and the grand facade , so soon will burn
without a noise , without my pride
I reach out from the inside
In your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
the heat I see in your eyes
Love , I don't like to see so much pain
so much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for out survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive
And all my instincts , they return
and the grand facade , so soon will burn
without a noise , without my pride
I reach out from the inside
In your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light ,
the heat I see in your eyes
in your eyes

I love that song.

I tried to write a poem for her, but it disolved because I don't know what to say. I'm not at a loss for words, but rather so many words barrage my mind I can't keep up with all the images to sort them out. I remember when I worked at Trek and I'd drive to a park overlooking the river. Early spring was the best, the scents of new flowers, the sounds of the animals and birds scrounging for food and the warm sunshine blended together for the perfect scene to write. After I munched down my lunch I'd daze out over the water until a vision became clear to me. I tried to write some funky poems, a bit eccentric, but if you pried into it for a while you could understand the images. However I think they were a bit personal and not many people related on the boards.

Although it wasn't her favorite she put up with them and remarked how they made her feel. I would have paved a road to the moon, but that she only had to ask. My other writing skills appealed to her, but my poetry spoke volumes to her and it was something quick I could produce so she had something on a routine basis. That my friends is heaven on earth to this man. The true art of love. To be noticed for something so subtle you can create that it stirs something in her soul, her eyes and maybe even between her legs. To find me, yes lowly ol' me sexy while the rest of the world scoffs and looks away is the greatest gift a woman can give.

But love is a many layered thing. When you get to the heart of the process I believe it is finding the inner soul of someone and being able to produce the deepest emotions you start unveiling the rest of yourself to them and see if they will accept or reject it. Writing something for someone might seem like a trival thing for most people on this planet, but I pour my blood into it.

When it works something comes alive in the words and I hope for that moment she imagines me kissing her. What kind of kiss? One of those kisses that start with the eyes locked upon each other where you find yourself looking past the color into the breath of her soul. Naked, even with her clothes on, but she allows someplace reserved only for you. The touch of their skin unwraps a new mystery no matter how many times you think you've help that embrace they find something unique for you. The kiss only then becomes irresistable. It takes the time to build up to that point where the only thing you can do with that person is kiss them. Real passion not just lust lies in the inability to kiss them enough. Kissing lets you knock on the door, the tongue welcomes you in, but you want something besides the welcome sign. You want to crawl into the person, feel every emotion you can with them. To make love to them. Your blood isn't boiling, but rather your skin wishes to peel back and expose the want in the pit of your stomach for that person. Because that's the "G-Spot" they have searched for. The kiss dangles the flavors of the body in front of you. Her perfume is the last thing you remember when she backs away and smiles at you. And it is then you pray she felt the same.

me

No comments: