Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Wow I haven't realized how long it has been since I've written. Since last Friday huh? Not that I have to bitch and moan, of course I could find a couple of reasons why to do that, but I will spare you the grief. Tommy has a basketball game tonight with the big rivals. They have a seven footer on the varsity team that will attend U of Wisconsin next year and they have a pretty good team (ranked 4th in the state) so I will be able to watch him.

I'm caught up on bills! Woo hoo! I'm not that far ahead, but at least I'm caught up!

I've woken the mistress up the last couple of nights. But last night she was evil and grumpy. I thought about ignoring her, but I had to get me some or otherwise I'd feel terrible about it. I staggered through an hour of writing. I'm at the crux of the story, the part that will launch the book forward and I'm not sure what I want to do. I suspect the idea I started to write is lame. *sigh* But this is where I need to push through it. I'm at about 7-7.5k worth of words into the story and if I take the left turn, I'm hoping I can do so and pull it off with style, wit and originality.

I saw Adaptation this last weekend! It was brilliant. OH my goodness, the opening scenes in the movie are thoughts straight out of my head when I sit down to write. I cannot believe the way he captured the exact thoughts! It is a crazy, wild movie in all respects, but oh so original in many ways. This will be one I will purchase when it comes out on DVD. I hope Cage if not wins, but at least gets nominated for an Oscar he so deserves it!

me

No comments: