Wednesday, February 12, 2003

No writing done last night. Exhaustion took over my brain and I curled up in my blankets, read and then fell asleep. After I left work, I picked up a book from Robyn Hobb, the first in her Assassin Trilogy. Inside of three or four pages I became hooked to the story and the main character. Orson Scott Card suggested the novelist and I thought I didn't have much to lose and started it. I hope I can create something so enriching as this when I'm finished.

I left Grapes alone last night. I'm trying to read more of the classics for a couple of reasons. One to educate myself with more styles and literature. To know how the 'masters' worked. I'm usually more interested in their thoughts and methods than the final product. I'm not one to oh and ah over what people say is great when in reality they only say it is great because they find hidden meanings in it all. It took me many years to watch ET and I still haven't watched Dances with Wolves for that very reason. But I can't wait for Dumb and Dumberer. What a great mind at work here huh?

me

No comments: