Tuesday, November 12, 2002

Guess I will pick on this while I'm at work. [edited for content] about work! In the past few weeks I've taken the time to start writing again. Sandy asked me why writing isn't important to me any more. It used to be everything I'd talk about. Over this summer my enthusiasm vanished like a pickle at a baby shower. I rejuvenated myself to the task of putting my thoughts down on paper. Most have been bleak, but some things have changed over the past few days to give me hope about my life and future. I can only hope and pray it continues so that I can experience everything I'm supposed to.

Over the past few days I've been hitting a lot of websites from authors and grammar. Not to learn tricks, but see what areas of my toolbox needs to be strengthened so I can become serious about this. I flirted with the idea that I would like to make computer games (heck I even applied to EA Sports), but I know in my heart that although I could be content in doing something like that, my real passion is with the written word. And although I have no idea what I'm doing, it all seems to make some sort of sense at the end. Now I think I need to take the bigger leap into the language and dose myself with all the rules so I know why I'm breaking them or why I'm following them. Reading Shrunk and White is a good step, but I need more testing and practice so I can recognize my faults. Instead of being scared of using the power saw, I want to grasp in my hands and cut through all the crap to a well-written poem, story or blurb.

Until another day...
me

No comments: