Monday, February 13, 2006

V Day cometh like a hurricane

Valentine's Day approachth. I want to flee from it like a wet cat from a
half-full tub of cold water. I'm cold, wet and tired of fighting for it. Yes
fighting for love. Hell, I'm willing to bet that I don't even know what
love is. No. I'm chasing love. Now if I could only find it.

Part of me has lost what it means to be romantic. I used to think I'm
a pretty good at delivering romance to a beautiful woman, but now
its difficult. Not coming up with ideas, but coming across with
execution. It seems so fleeting. I know women really love romance,
but does it get remembered? Or is it like a sports season, its exciting
when its happening, but when the games are over, its almost like it
didn't happen.

Love is fleeting, but then it turns into a relationship and love doesn't cut it anymore. Like sludging through mud, slopping the mundane shit off your shoes so that falling into the bed is an enjoyable process time and time again. Life seems to suck all the energy and when do you have time to spend with that other person? I'd love to begin the day with sex, but precious sleep is wasted because you are only getting 5-7 hours a night as it is.

Valentine's Day is the cumulation of romance. Sex is supposed to be rewarded for the ingenuity of what type of rommance is dreamed up. But I'm not there this year. I have a ton of neat ideas, but I'm not into it.

Happy V-Day to you all. My cynical look at romance should not dissuade you from having a great time with your spouse, lover or 'good' friends. I know I'm jaded and I figure one of these days something will happen where I will have a much better outlook on it. But for now I'm delving into the darker recesses of my mind and livin g there.

cya laterz

No comments: