Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another legend has passed away... Arthur C. Clarke he was 90 years old. For those of you who don't know he wrote the book that was the basis for the movie: 2001.

I've read a few of his things, but I'm not that huge into Science Fiction as I am into Fantasy, but I do like it. I think as my mind matures a bit more I'll try to get deeper into it. The problem with a lot of the SF is that the characters are lacking and the science is way too deep. Instead of driving the story with the 'people', many old time SF'ers use science as the tool.

Then again what the hell do I know. I'm floundering with my own life and haven't had anything published in years and haven't really written anything of note in about the same time period.

Since no one is really visiting this it don't matter anyways.

cya laterz
moi

3 comments:

ashley said...

i've unfortunately turned into "no one" over the past year or whatever.

Anonymous said...

I'm still here....talk to me

Anonymous said...

I disagree, Tobi. Science is just another plot device providing a framework for the story. AI and aliens instead of dragons and magic swords. If you are looking for a few great scifi authors that focus more on the "human" element I would recommend Spider Robinson or Phillip K. Dick,