Thursday, August 09, 2007

Birthday Suicide

It is that time of year...another year older, but I often wonder if I'm getting any wiser. I still enjoy many of the things of my youth, but now my time is consumed by responsibility. I hate that word. Not that I don't mind working, paying bills, and etc. But life usually consists of dealing with money. I get sick of it.

Money then becomes such an issue that every other area of life becomes affected. When you don't have enough money, how can you pay for those lap dances at the club? Er...I didn't say that out loud did I?

Yet the day approaches and I'm often thinking about my death instead of life. Not that I assume I'm going to die nor am I planning too (despite the title of this post). What am I not doing that I want to do? Right now my life is consumed by work and the lack of sex. Yes, if I don't have sex daily, I consider it a lack of sex. Not only am I deprived I'm depraved as well.

What then is the meaning of my life? I'm at a loss for what that means to me. My kids? Writing? Or simply enjoying what I have and not worrying about what I'm missing out on?

BTW: My son found out he is getting deployed to Iraq on Nov 24th. He is going to Baghdad. He says he is coming home for about 10 days or so in October. I'm really nervous about it.

cya laterz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself pondering my own life, too. And with each passing year, the things I thought were SO important now seem so trivial. And new things have become SO important. Like giving blood, and recycling.
Is that my way of dealing with my own mortality? (pondering)
I hope you are reading my comments.

ashley said...

Happy late birthday.

I emailed you... at trezen@hotmail.com. I don't know if you don't check that email anymore...or you just don't respond to me. Let me know? mine is still smplieash@gmail.com