Monday, October 16, 2006

Happiness Pill

I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.
I want to be a writer. I want to develop creative content.

So according to affirmation, or as Scott Adams says, "The idea behind affirmations is that you simply write down your goals 15 times a day and somehow, as if by magic, coincidences start to build until you achieve your objective against all odds."

"Viewed in this light, if you can write a goal 15 times a day for months, there’s a good chance that some part of your brain views the goal as achievable even if your rational mind doesn’t see how."

I can see how this works. If you tell yourself something enough you'll start to believe it. I've had many ideas in the past couple of weeks, but they all seem soft. And that's been my story (attitude) for the past few years. I really don't know how good my ideas really are and if they are worth doing. Some of these things will take up a majority of my time and I'd feel like a fool if they flop out. I guess I'm getting old and trying to apply wisdom before rash decision making.

Content is King. And I feel like most of my stuff have a great first step, but no staying power. Sounds like a bad episode of sex, huh? Anyways how does one overcome the thought of failure to invest his/her heart into projects that may or may not fail. Where can they find trust within themselves to carry on. Funny thing is I used to have that and life has taken its toil and I've lost it.

Why is it that I need someone to validate it? And when I do have someone, why am I scared to ask for that validation? Failure? I used to think negative thoughts would propel me into action, now it seems I agree with people. How do I turn that around? Do I need someone to cheer me on? Is that what it takes to become successful? Or do I have to find my own inner strength and those around me will accept it and not only support me, but allow me to succeed. Should I be asking for it? Is it their responsability to spurn you on or is it your own?

I know it is your own. But situations can affect your thoughts. If you are not happy with conditions in your life, how can you be motivated to do much of anything? How much energy can you find when hell seems like a viable option? How do you push through the crap, make yourself happy in any situation and carry on with your dreams? I wonder if there is a pill available for that.

cya laters

No comments: